Tiqets is one of the fastest-growing tech startups in the Netherlands, and we’re hiring!
Who are we?
Tiqets revolutionises the way people buy tickets to culture and attractions in cities all over the world. Our technology allows users to easily browse and book tickets to the best attractions in seconds, meaning customers can enter museums, zoos, theme parks and more simply by showing their smartphones.
As a backend software engineer you will be part of our development team, improving the Tiqets technical infrastructure and building new features. You make sure customers receive their tickets in the easiest and most reliable way possible. Furthermore, you help venues and customers by connecting them in smart ways and provide our partners with the best features and insights. We care a lot about making traveling and access to culture better, and hope you do to!
You like to work in an agile way; from idea to deployment can take a few hours to a few weeks. The development process is a team effort, you work closely together with product managers, design, UX and other engineers. You like getting things done fast, but in a smart and future proof way.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, or similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- Several years of professional experience as a developer
- Experience with working in an agile product development environment
- Experience with (relational) databases like Postgresql and MySQL
- You can communicate effectively and translate requirements into well-designed technical solutions
- Living in the Netherlands/EU region
- Experience working with large or complex data sets and scalable systems
- Experience with DevOps
- Experience with mobile app or app backend API development
- Experience with parts of our current technology stack: Python (Flask, SQLAlchemy, Django, ...), lots of REST API's, PostgreSQL, Amazon AWS, Linux, Solr, Git
What we offer
- Great working conditions and a competitive salary (and equity, depending on experience)
- Plenty of responsibility and an opportunity to work and learn from and with the best in the field
- The chance to make an impact in a fast growing company
- Fresh coffee and a free lunch every day
- Pick your own hardware that makes you work most efficiently
- Fun, sociable events in and out of the office space. We have table football, Friday drinks, show-and-tell sessions with pizza, and lots more!
- A personal 20% discount code for all the tickets you order with us!
Get in touch
Please send your application via the form on this vacancy. We can’t wait to hear from you!