Boston Lighthouse Innovations is a spin-out of the Massachusetts General Hospital. We are backed by one largest investment banks in the world as part of a global precision medicine project. We are poised for a period of rapid growth and it is a great time to join our team.
Boston Lighthouse Innovations builds innovative software for precision medicine diagnostics. We are one of the first solutions developing machine learning models used in everyday clinical practice. You will work closely with a cross-disciplinary team of clinicians, pathologists, bioinformaticians, data scientists and software engineers to build big-data integration systems and decision support tools. As part of our team, you will develop innovative, data-driven solutions which directly impact patient care. We use version control, conduct code reviews, practice unit testing/ci testing, and use the latest open-source libraries and tools.
- Systems and application development
- Data exploration and visualization
- Architecture planning and design
- Significant professional experience in computer programming
o Knowledge of OOP, Data Structures, Search Algorithms
o Specific experience with the Python data science stack (sci-kit learn, pandas, etc) and web frameworks (flask, Django, etc.) is a significant plus
- Professional experience using unit testing/ci testing, code refactoring, version control (GIT), & release techniques
- Significant familiarity with Linux & Bash
- Experience with (or a willing to learn) bioinformatics concepts, tooling, and data formats a significant plus
- Familiarity with Docker, HELM and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with REST APIs (GraphQL a plus)
- Experience with RDMS and SQL (PostgreSQL specific experience a plus)
o Familiarity with React, Redux, D3.js, Jest, NPM + Webpack is a plus
- Experience with cloud computing is a plus, Azure-specific experience is a significant plus
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative and intellectually challenging environment
- Willingness and ability to learn new technologies dynamically is required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
QUALIFICATIONS / APPLICATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or bioinformatics with 2+ years in professional software development or 3-5 years of professional software development
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Please submit a single formatted word processing document including cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.
- Recent graduates MUST include GPA
- Our offices are located at Cambridge Alewife, MA
- Working remote is permitted 1 day per week
For more information: www.bostonlighthouse.us
Boston Lighthouse provides competitive benefits, health insurance, and 401K plan and is an equal opportunity employer.