With over 10,000 online merchants launching subscriptions and over 1,000,000 subscribers powered by ReCharge, we have a lot of store owners to support. Our mission to make repeat orders easier began five years ago as a bootstrapped startup and today we're at the forefront of recurring billing software with over 150 remote-first employees around the globe processing tens of millions of dollars in sales every week.
We're looking for a Software Development Manager to lead our Platform Services team. This team builds business critical platforms and services that allow ReCharge to run applications reliably at scale and provides ReCharge Engineering with forward-looking tech stack components that take advantage of the cloud (tech stack 2.0).
Our stack includes: Python, Flask, Jinja, Docker, GCP, Terraform, Ansible, Memcached, Nginx, Snowflake, Looker, Matillion
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our values: #ownership, #empathy, #simple-solutions.
- Build and manage a first-class engineering team that will scale as the company and business grows, identifying and filling any team gaps.
- Develop a team-oriented, supportive culture with a strong focus on creating a working environment that fosters collaboration, open communication and delivering outcomes.
- Be responsible for Platform Services team output and hands on day-to-day writing and reviewing code.
- Constantly improve team productivity, refine agile processes, and create methods to increase efficiency.
- Investigate, analyze, and evangelize programming methodologies such as test-driven development, pair programming, etc.
- Perform personnel management tasks for a team of developers, including performance reviews, compliance with company policies, mentoring, and helping plan career growth.
- Train new software engineers on our best practices, standards, culture, and policies.
- Collaborate with the VP of Engineering in setting roadmap and priorities to ensure deliverables are met as well as raising concerns identified early on.
- Champion good habits (development techniques, security, tech debt balance, TDD, and agile habits) within your team; improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Encourage active participation in all phases of the project lifecycle, and work with project management to remove impediments and provide visibility to stakeholders.
What You’ll Bring
- Typically, 10+ years of relevant engineering experience in fast paced environments
- 4+ years experience managing distributed agile development teams
- 3+ years prior experience programming in at least one OO language (python preferred)
- 2+ years experience in cloud-native environments such as GCP, AWS, or Azure
- Track record of meeting schedules on time; clearly defining deliverables and timetables, with demonstrated ability to balance multiple priorities in complex environments and manage teams to successful project completion
- Demonstrated ability as an effective mentor and coach who understands how to successfully integrate into a team of talented developers
- Exceptional analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work remote-first in a rapidly scaling organization
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience desired