Do you constantly look for ways you and your team could be doing your jobs in a smarter way? Are you interested in working on a product that helps companies understand their employees’ needs? We are looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer who is passionate about our customers and is excited to build scalable and reliable systems and services.
Our product, Perception, offers a modern way for collecting and understanding employee engagement through surveys, helping businesses enhance their employees’ work experience and improve their performance. We help organizations uncover not only what employees are saying, but also how they truly feel about the workplace and leadership.
We believe in:
- People over process. We think that processes should make it easier for us to deliver quality products faster together. We strive to understand why processes are in place, and work to change them if they just don't work.
- Ideas over titles. We treat everyone's voice on the team equally regardless of title or seniority. We want everyone to feel comfortable contributing ideas, because we build better products when we consider multiple perspectives.
- Everyone owns all areas of the software development and delivery lifecycle. We don't like to work in silos. We believe that every person on the team owns the quality, security, delivery and stability of our product.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of new features and implementations of new technologies and frameworks.
- Present and explain technical concepts to a wide-variety of stakeholders and end-users.
- Mentor other software engineers on the team helping them grow their technical and non-technical knowledge.
- Foster the culture of delivering quality software in a timely manner and continuously improve the development process.
- Lead technical initiatives within the team.
- Promote innovation and keep team up-to-date on latest and greatest industry trends.
- Self-motivated team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills in a cross-functional environment.
- Excited to mentor and teach other team members.
- Extensive professional experience with Python software development and architecture.
- Comfortable working with SQL and NoSQL databases such as MongoDB or Elasticsearch.
- Contributed to and supported multiple products that went to production.
- Debugged and solved customer issues.
- Written and implemented automated unit, system, and integration tests.
- Motivated to drive technical initiatives.
- Comfortable working up and down the tech stack .
- Experience working with Kubernetes, Docker, and public cloud providers such as Google Cloud Platform, Amazon AWS, etc.
- Experience working with continuous delivery process.
- Experience with agile software development practices such as Kanban or Scrum.
Our tech stack:
- Backend: Flask, Python, RabbitMQ
- Datastores: MongoDB, Elasticsearch, MySQL, Redis, OpenStack Swift, Google Cloud Storage, Amazon AWS
- Version Control: Github, BitBucket
- CI: Concourse, Jenkins, TeamCity
- Configuration Management and Orchestration: Puppet, Ansible, Kubernetes, Docker, Vagrant
Check out how we give our employees the chance to work on whatever project they want for 48 hours! https://youtu.be/2Aw55CP1IO8 ;
Typical Interview Process:
- If your application is selected, a Talent Acquisition Manager will reach out to schedule a phone screen with them.
- If selected to move forward, you will complete a HackerRank Coding Assessment.
- If you pass, you will either move forward to a technical phone call for an additional screening, OR directly to an onsite interview.
- Offer stage.